Monday, March 31, 2008

I [Ate] Grapes...


Great Apes

I discovered Great Apes last year on FBi Radio, and fell in love with their track Steve, which is one of the best pieces of electro-weird I've heard in the last year. I was lucky enough to catch one of there live show's at Candy's Apartment last year, fucking amazing. David Charles Lomas is a sight to be seen on stage and Steve Allison's programming and drums are fantastic.
Great Apes are playing MUM @ The World Bar, Kings Cross 4th April 2008. I suggest you check out their show, it'll be a hogshead of merriment. See event on Facebook.
Another trck of their's I'm digging is I Don't Know When To Stop, which has some sweet spacey sounds and Lomas' ever dusky vocals. Here it is...

Great Apes - I Don't Know When To Stop

Great Apes MySpace



Au Clair de la Lune
At the Association for Recorded Sound Collections annual conference the worlds oldest recorded sound was played. It was recorded by Edouard-Leon Scott de Martinville, a Parisian inventer. He used a "phonautograph," a device that engraved sound waves onto a sheet of paper blackened by the smoke of an oil lamp.
The recording is a ten second segment of the French folk song Au Clair de la Lune made April 9, 1860.

Au Clair de la Lune

No comments: